WHAT IS A VISA?
A VISA is a stamp placed on a passport that designates approval to travel to the United States.
A Visa is needed for people with permanent residence outside the U.S. that wish to be in the U.S. on a temporary basis for tourism, medical treatment, business, temporary work or study.
At this time, all Visa requests require an interview.
This is the information we have received from the U.S. Government to help you attend the IMMEXLS show:
Apply Early, Typically 3 months before the IMMEXLS show.
The following must be completed prior to the interview:
- The Visa application form.
- You must have a passport from your country.
- Include the appropriate fees.
- A photo.
- Evidence of return to your home country. (You must have something to show that you will return home.) For example: a home, a job, and family.
Please note that there is a presumption that you must overcome whereby it is your responsibility to prove that you do not want to stay permanently in the U.S. The main reasons once again are job, family, home or other holdings in your home country like a business.
To help you with getting a Visa these are the main reasons for a Visa denial:
- A name check reveals that you are a threat to national security, a criminal, or that you have a contagious disease.
- Your intent to stay in the U.S.
- That more information is required.
- That the interviewer thinks that you will be a public charge.
Denials are given orally and in writing and they are not reviewable.
- Click this link: www.unitedstatesvisas.gov for the official visa information from the United States Department of State.
- Include your full name and any aliases.
- Your date of birth.
- Your Visa case number.
- Your City, State, Country of birth.
- Your email address.
- Your telephone number and fax number.
- Your mailing address.
Send your inquiry to the Consulate by email, it is much faster than a letter.
We hope that this information can help you through the process. If needed, we will write a letter of invitation and provide it to you to help you gain access to IMMEXLS. Send your request to email@example.com.
See the enclosed web site for much more detailed information.